How much a Shopper earns depends on their role type and other factors, which can include—
- How many hours or shifts they work
- How many orders they complete
- Their location and zone(s).
Instacart pays Shoppers weekly—read on to learn more about how they differ.
Full Service Shopper pay
As independent contractors, Full Service Shoppers have the flexibility to work as little or as often as they want. That means that total earnings potential depends on the individual.
Instacart provides estimates for your earnings on every order as well as total earnings for the week. The amount you earn per batch of orders depends on the number of items, type of items, driving distance, and effort involved in shopping and delivering. You keep 100% of customer tips.
In Store Shopper pay
In Store Shoppers earn an hourly wage, detailed in the initial offer letter. These Shoppers are scheduled for shifts based on personal availability, up to 29 hours each week.
Another way to earn with Instacart is through referrals—we offer a bonus when you refer a friend to shop with us. Referral bonus amounts vary by role and location.
To qualify for a referral bonus—
- Your referral must apply your unique code on the first page of the signup process. (Your unique code must be privately shared with your referral—any publicly shared code will not qualify for a referral bonus.)
- Your referral must complete a required number of batches within a specific timeframe
- You must be an active Shopper in good standing
- You must complete 40 hours of services on the Instacart platform.
Instacart can’t add a referral code after the signup process is complete.