How much a shopper earns depends on their role type and other factors, which can include—
- How many orders they complete
- Their location
Instacart pays shoppers weekly—read on to learn more about how they differ.
Full-service shopper pay
As independent contractors, full-service shoppers have the flexibility to work as little or as often as they want. This means that total earnings potential depends on the individual.
Instacart provides estimates for your earnings on every order as well as total earnings for the week. The amount you earn per batch of orders depends on the number of items, type of items, driving distance, and effort involved in shopping and delivering. You keep 100% of customer tips.
In-store shopper pay
In-store shoppers earn an hourly wage, detailed in the initial offer letter. These shoppers are scheduled for shifts based on personal availability, up to 29 hours each week.
Another way to earn with Instacart is through referrals! We offer a bonus when you refer a friend to shop with us. Shoppers in select locations are eligible for the Guaranteed Earnings Referral promotion—the referrer is eligible to receive a cash bonus AND the referee is eligible to receive Guaranteed Earnings when the referee completes the required amount of batches in the specified time period. Rules, regulations, and amounts vary by region and role.
To qualify for a referral bonus—
- Your referral must apply your unique code on the first page of the signup process.
- Your unique code must be privately shared with your referral—any publicly shared code will not qualify for a referral bonus
- Instacart can’t add a referral code after the signup process is complete.
- Your referral must complete their bonus requirements within a specific number of days on the Instacart platform.
- Requirements vary by zone and role. Zone requirements can be found in the Referral section of the Shopper app.
- Your referral must complete their bonus requirements in the region they applied in.
- You must be an active shopper in good standing.
- You must complete at least 40 hours of services on the Instacart platform within the last 6 months.