To begin shopping on the Instacart platform in Canada, we need a copy of your driving record. Each province has slightly different steps to obtain a drivers record. If you're not sure which process applies to you, it is the province that issued your drivers license.
The province of British Columbia allows you to request and receive a copy of your driving record digitally.
As you are completing the onboarding steps in the Instacart Shopper app, you will see pages like these:
The first page asks you to confirm the province in which your license was issued. The second page provides information on how to obtain a digital copy of your driving record.
Obtaining a driving record for a British Columbia license
1) Go to the Driving Record portal for the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia: https://onlinebusiness.icbc.com/clio/
2) Input the information as specified on each page.
3) When asked which documents you are requesting, please select Driving Record (abstract) for the past 5 years. Enter your email address as the recipient email address.
4) Within a few moments, you will be emailed a PDF copy of your driving record.
Uploading a driving record for a British Columbia license
There is a different process for uploading this PDF depending on whether you are using an iPhone or an Android. We'll walk you through both!
To upload on iPhone
1) Click on the PDF attached to the email sent to you by the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia.
2) Once you've clicked on the PDF, click the Share button.
3) Click Copy to InstaShopper (you can also simply click Copy and then return to the Instacart Shopper app)
4) Return to the Instacart Shopper app.
5) The document will be uploaded automatically into the Shopper app. Click Upload driving record to advance to the next step: a background check.
To upload on Android
1) On your Android device, Download the PDF attached to the email sent to you by the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia.
2) Return to the Instacart Shopper App.
3) Click Upload Photo(s) of Driving Record
3) Go to the Downloads app on your Android device, and select the PDF of the driving record.
4) You will be returned to the app and will continue to the Background Check.