What is Instacart?
Instacart is a technology company that provides a platform for on-demand grocery delivery service. Customers order groceries from their favorite local stores, and Shoppers handpick the items and deliver the order to them.
What are the roles available?
The Full Service Shopper opportunity is for independent contractors and offers the flexibility to select your own hours with no maximum cap. In the FSS role, you will be shopping and delivering orders, and sometimes just delivering orders. The Full Service Shopper role requires a working registered vehicle with the proper insurance.
The In Store Shopper role is a US-based, part time employee position that has a maximum of 29 hours per week. However, you are not guaranteed to receive 29 hours per week, and the number of hours scheduled will fluctuate with customer demand. In the ISS role, you will be shopping for orders in a single store location each shift. There is no car required.
What is the sign-up process?
Take 5 minutes to complete the online form. Once your form is approved, you’ll receive information about completing sign-up. In Store Shopper applicants will schedule an in-person introduction to learn more about Instacart. Potential Full Service Shoppers can complete the entire onboarding process online!
- Are 18+
- Have a smartphone running either Android 5.0 or later, or iOs 9 or later
- If you are seeking a Full Service Shopping role, you have have a working registered vehicle with the proper insurance
- Can lift 30+ pounds. Individuals with disabilities who are seeking an employee role may need a reasonable accommodation as to the lifting requirement or in submitting information for a shopper role may fill out this form.
- Are eligible to work in your country.
- Adhere to Instacart’s Food Safety Policy and Best Practices, which include but are not limited to transporting food in approved insulated bags.
- You care about customers!
Can I bring someone with me to shop?
Safety and confidentiality are top priorities. Bringing anyone along (including minors) who does not have an Instacart Shopper account while providing services invades customer privacy and can present a safety issue, and violates the terms of the Independent Contractor Agreement.
If you are unable to shop by yourself, please contact us.
Do I need a 4-door car?
No. Any type of functioning car works. Plus, you only need a car for Full Service Shopping role.
I already have a job - can I still work at Instacart?
Yes. Instacart values flexibility. You can schedule the Instacart services you provide around your own life. We don’t have a minimum number of hours each week. Positions that require a car have an unlimited number of hours per week, and positions without cars have a max of 29 hours per week.